These terms and conditions (“Terms”) outline the Terms on which The Great Women's Academy supply the courses, course materials, resources, downloads and membership benefits listed on our website http://www.thegreatwomensacademy.co.uk to you. Please read these Terms carefully before placing an order for any of our courses or membership packages. The Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the courses, resources and membership benefits to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Our website provides information on the courses or membership packages offered by The Great Women's Academy. Using our sole discretion, we reserve the right to refuse orders relating to any of the courses or membership packages we offer.
1. Information About Us: Our website is www.thegreatwomensacademy.co.uk and you can contact us by emailing [email protected] or by telephoning 07497775620 We are registered as a data controller on the Data Protection Register as required by the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation
2. Information About You: You may have different rights within these Terms depending on whether you are a business or a consumer. You are a consumer if: (a) you are an individual; and (b) you are buying goods and Services from us wholly or mainly for your individual use. Clauses that apply only to business customers (those purchasing more than one course or membership package for their employees or members) will be clearly identified. Clauses that apply only to consumers will be clearly identified. All other Clauses will apply to both business customers and consumers. By placing an order for courses or membership packages through our website, you warrant that you are: (a) capable of entering into a legally binding contract; and (b) at least 18 years old.
If you are a business (purchasing more than one course or membership package), these Terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your purchase. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in these Terms.
3. Registration, Passwords And Security: When you register your details on any part of the website, you must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or on any subsequent occasion are complete and correct. You are required to inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you have provided so that we can communicate with you effectively. If you register to use the website/membership academy you will be asked to create a username and password (Please note that your username and password in NON transferable to other members or non members.) You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose or share it with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should notify us by contacting [email protected] If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we reserve the right to request that you change your password or suspend your account whilst any matters are resolved.
4. Placing An Order: After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a course or membership package. All orders are subject to acceptance by us. Once payment has been made and processed online, acceptance of your order will be confirmed by email, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us and you will be enrolled on the course or membership package.
If we cannot accept your order we will inform you by email and we will not charge you for the course or membership package. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price description of the product, or where your payment is unsuccessful.
5. Provision Of Courses Or Membership Package/Benefits: During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the course to you or give you full access to our membership area. We aim to fulfil your order within reasonable time of the order being placed (usually less than 24 hours), unless there are exceptional circumstances (for example you place your order out of hours, weekends or UK bank holidays) All course content resources, material and benefits will be made available to access online on your personal dashboard and to download or save to your computer. Please note that nothing will be printed or posted out to you. Full access will be granted once payment has been made (and will only stop if you request a refund or you fail to pay any additional payment instalments if you choose to split your payment)
6. Course Materials And Membership Benefits: We do not make any commitment to you that the content of the courses will meet any specific requirements that you have and we expect you to take reasonable care to verify that the course, resources and membership benefits in question will meet your needs. You will not be able to obtain any particular qualification from your completing any of our courses.
7. Our Rights To Makes Changes/Suspend Supply: We may change a course, resource or membership benefit if we feel that it is relevant to do so, for example if we need to implement adjustments, improvements and updates. These changes may temporarily impact the delivery, and your use of our courses or membership area (however we will aim to do this at off peak times) We may suspend the supply of our courses or membership area to deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes.
Your account will also be suspended if you are paying via a payment plan and you do not pay us for the course or membership package when you are supposed to and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we will suspend all access until you have paid us the outstanding amount. We will contact you via email and/or through the membership area to tell you when we are suspending supply of service.
8. Your Rights (Consumers): The rights set out in this section will only apply where you are an individual consumer. If you are a consumer, you may have the right to end the contract where: (a) if you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do; (b) if you are a consumer and have just changed your mind about the course/membership package; (c) if what you have bought is mis-described; or (d) in all other cases (if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer exercising your right to change your mind).
If you are ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. This Clause will apply where; (a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the course/membership packages or these Terms which you do not agree to; (b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Course/membership package you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed; (c) there is a risk that supply of the course/membership may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; (d) we have suspended supply of the course/membership package for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 90 days; or (e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
Once you have placed an order for one of our courses or membership package, you may cancel the contract at any time within seven (7) days (the “Cooling Off Period”). Where you have purchased a service, the Cooling Off Period shall run from the date on which we emailed you in order to confirm our acceptance of your order. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the fee paid in accordance with our Refunds Policy please click here to read
The Cooling Off Period will NOT apply, and you will not receive a refund in relation to any of the courses or membership package if it is deemed that you have started or competed one or more of our courses, downloaded more than 5 documents from our resources library or taken part in any of our events or offers for example - competition, webinar, podcast, 30 day challenges, contributed an article to our newsletter or benefited from discounted training or coaching. To request a refund you must inform us in writing you can do this by sending us an email to [email protected] or by using our contact form on our Refund Policy page
9. Your Obligations - Business Customers: When you purchase a course/courses or VIP membership packages as a business on behalf of individual delegates (employees or members) our contract is with you the business and not to the individual undertaking the course or accessing the membership benefits. We will discuss with you the business anything related to contracts, problems, orders and refunds. We will only discuss individual's progress and other matters with the individual in question and approved account administrators from your business (we may ask that some requests are made by email so that we can verify we are talking to the right people) It is your responsibility to inform us when a member of staff leaves your employment or a member leaves your organisation or association so that we can terminate their membership. In the event that you are happy for them to continue their membership on The Great Women's Academy platform we are happy to remove them from any corporate groups they may be involved in so that they can then become an individual member instead.
10. Our Refund Policy: Please click here for further details
11. Price And Payment: The price of any course or membership package will be as quoted by us or on our website, except in cases of obvious error. The prices on our website are not currently subject to VAT and delivery costs, joining fees or annual fees are not applicable. A total order price including (including details of any current offers) will be provided to you on-line at the checkout). Prices may be liable to change at any time. Please note that special offer discounts are only available at the time of ordering and cannot be backdated.
All individual courses and membership packages must be paid in full before access will be granted. We offer a one time payment option for our membership packages, however we may on occasion consider payment over two months in which case the first payment will need to be immediate and the second payment made exactly one calendar month later. Payment can be made by credit or debit card of via a payment gateway for example Paypal or Stripe. Payment over the phone, by cash or cheque will not be accepted.
12. Payment By Instalments: We will not offer payment options for our individual courses or any current offers available on our website. We may on request give the option for new UK members to pay for the VIP Membership Package (when it is full price) over two equal monthly payments. Requests for paying in instalments can be made in writing to [email protected] and the two payments can be made by the usual methods of payments. Please note that limited access to all the courses, toolkits, resources and other benefits will be given until both payments have been made. If within the first month you decide that you no longer wish to continue with your course or membership package and it is within the 7 days cooing off period and it complies with our refund policy then a full refund of the monies you have paid to us will be returned. If it does not fall within the terms of our refund policy then you will still be expected to pay your second instalment as you have entered into a contract with us for the full amount and are bound by these terms. If your account remains in arrears for more than 31 consecutive days we reserve the right to pass your details on to an external collection agency who will be instructed to collect the due balance on our behalf and an additional 20% will be added to the balance outstanding.
13. Course Duration: Once you have purchased a course or a membership package you will have lifetime access to all content and materials. If in the unlikely event that our website closes or ceases to trade you will be sent copies or all our documents, courses and toolkits so that you can keep them on your computer/laptop/device for as long as you want.
14. Course Transfer: Where you have purchased an individual course from us (instead of the VIP Membership package option) we retain the sole discretion as to whether you may transfer to another individual course offered by us (this does not apply to mini course as these are only offered as part of the VIP membership package) Requests to transfer courses must be made within 7 days upon receiving full access to it and this can be done via email: [email protected] or via a message on the membership hub. If we deem that you have accessed/completed over 20% of the course or you have downloaded more than 2 documents we may decide to charge you an additional fee to transfer to an alternative course to cover the cost of what has already been used. We will always try to accommodate you when we can and has all our courses are the same price there will be no difference in price to pay if you do transfer to an other course. Under no circumstance can a course transfer request be accepted if the student has been enrolled onto a course over 1 month.
15. Course Assistance: If you require any assistance or support for any of our courses (including the mini course collection) you can contact Jane Lowe via email: [email protected], via the message option on the membership hub and when available via the real time chat option. Conversations via telephone or face to face skype can also be arranged during office hours or by appointment.
16. Liability And Indemnity: Our courses, toolkits and all membership packages/benefits are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind. The Great Women's Academy to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, including the warranty of merchantability, non-infringement of third party rights and the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. We make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the courses, toolkits or membership packages. Our total aggregate liability for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with use of our courses or membership benefits or this website will not exceed the actual payment received by us from you.
We will not be liable in any way for any increased costs or expenses, loss of profit, data, earnings, business, contracts, revenues or expected savings or any special indirect or consequential damage whatsoever arising out of any provision or use of our courses, toolkits or membership benefits or this website or of any error or defect in them or of the performance non-performance or delayed performance of our courses, toolkits, membership benefits or this website by us. Notwithstanding any other terms and conditions, we do not attempt to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
Where you are a business customer, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Great Women's Academy and its partners, its employees and agents, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, costs, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting costs, alleging or resulting from your use or misuse of the website our courses, toolkits or membership benefits or your breach of these Terms. Nothing in this Clause shall affect your statutory rights where you are a consumer.
17. Intellectual Property: All copyright and other intellectual property rights relating to our courses, materials, website content, e-books or other resources are owned and licensed to The Great Women's Academy. Copying, adapting, reproducing, selling, distributing, modifying or any other use of all or any part of it without permission is strictly prohibited.
18. Written Communications: When using our website or membership/training academy, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email (or through the hub directly) to provide you with relevant information about courses, events, your membership or services. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
19. Confidentiality: In all cases, we will only communicate with the registered member unless we have written permission from that member to speak to a third party on their behalf.
20. Events Outside Our Control: We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations to provide the courses, membership benefits, materials or this website that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
21. Our Right To Vary The Terms and Conditions: We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time. Any such changes will be published on our website.
Return To The Legal Home Page